WORK ETHIC. QUALITY.
“By utilizing sound materials and superior craftsmanship, our mission is to build affordable, high quality portable barns which meet every storage need of our customers, and through our network of builders, haulers, and dealers, to provide a level of service which results in their complete satisfaction.” -Tom Hammond, Owner
We have been selling top quality portable barns since 2002. As always, we remain dedicated to the old-fashioned concepts of HONESTY, INTEGRITY, WORK ETHIC, and QUALITY. We constantly strive to meet these high standards in everything we do.
Since we are closely involved with everything from the manufacturing of our barns to the purchasing of the input materials, we can easily monitor our barns with respect to craftsmanship and product quality. Using this proven business model, we can be even more certain we are offering you the best barn for the money, which means we can also better meet your needs with regard to features and affordability.
Let’s face it, because we offer jobs to literally dozens of hard-working Americans throughout our company, we simply have no choice but to be the best portable barn company in the business. Their well-being, as well as our reputation, depends on it!
Prairie Built Barns sells the best in portable buildings, backyard sheds, barns, cabins, garages and backyard storage buildings in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. Find your local dealer today!
All About Quality
- All exposed materials are pressure treated, including skids, floor joists, flooring,T1-11 siding and trim
- 30 Year dimensional shingles or 29 gauge metal roofing
- 2×6 floor joists • 4×6 ground skids • 5/8” Pressure treated T1-11 Siding, LP Smartside® or 29-gauge metal siding
- Pressure treated 5/8” flooring • Floor joists built on 16” centers (12” centers on all garages) • NO RUST galvanized ring shanked nails • Sealed with Pittsburg Paints® 3-year sun-proof weather sealer at NO EXTRA CHARGE
- Wave plates used on all doors and trusses for extra durability
- Doors are equipped with rubber door stops to minimize damage
- Locks and keys provided for all buildings
- All garages include 12” on center floor joists.
- All Buildings Include Our Diamond Plate Threshold.